I’m knee deep in Week 3 of eating Vegan. They say that the hardest adjustment period in transitioning to this lifestyle is the first month.
Now I can’t really say that it’s been “that” hard. This decision has been a long time coming for me so I was more than ready. A few years ago I went pescatarian for 6 months and I truly enjoyed it. It was the best thing for me then and NOW I feel like giving up land animals (pork, beef, chicken, turkey, lamb) is what I need to do once again for me. This time I plan to remain a Vegan indefinitely.
Well, the way meat is processed nowadays straight up creeps me out. The antibiotics they administer to animals creeps me out. It just isn’t safe. I saw one documentary that showed a huge nasty bin of dead, decaying fly covered, hogs outside of a processing plant. It is said that the decaying hogs are picked up, processed and ground up then brought back as food for the remaining live hogs.
Yup. Nasty. Disgusting. Pretty much that’s enough for me to stop cold turkey (no pun intended). This subject can easily divide into a multitude of sub-topics so let me just stop here and explain this simple smoothie I made this morning and how it helps aid in hair growth.
Royal Beauty Veronica’s Easy Breakfast Smoothie
Why did I choose these ingredients?
Individually they all have benefits that aid in healthy hair.
Here are the benefits courtesy of NaturallyCurly.com:
- Chia seeds have a high content of phosphorous, a popular ingredient thought to encourage hair growth.
- A building block of protein, l-lysine is known to promote hair growth, and chia seeds offer an abundance of this.
- The seeds contain 9 essential amino acids related to stronger hair, skin, and nails.
- Omega 6 LA is a protein four times that of blueberries in antioxidant power, according to UK-based nutritional therapist Vicki Edgson.
- Compared to 1 glass of milk, a serving of chia seeds offer five times the amount to provide more elasticity to curls and stronger teeth and nails.
- Chia seeds slow down the pace of turning carbs and other foods into sugar. This helps maintain your blood sugar levels, ideal for diabetes sufferers.
- The fiber content is a significant benefit of chia seeds, according to fitness and weight management specialist Maron McGovern. One serving is 1/3 of the recommended daily intake for proper digestion and weight control.
- Fatty acid Omega 3 ALA provides better brain function by converting to DHA (depending on how your body responds–everyone is different).
- When mixed with water, consuming chia seeds can give you the illusion of feeling full, further aiding in weight gain prevention.
Bonus: How to include chia seeds in your meals
- Add 1/4 cup of chia seeds to Greek yogurt topped off with fresh strawberries and blueberries for a refreshing, nutritious morning snack.
- Sprinkle some chia seeds on some toast smeared with peanut butter.
- Blend chia seeds into your midday smoothie or add to your juice.
- Top your oatmeal with a handful of flax, hemp, and chia seeds.
- Include 1/4 cup of chia seeds into your homemade granola bar recipe.
Here are the benefits for hair courtesy of dermanities.com
As it is said before, strawberries contain many vitamins, minerals and antioxidant that are good for skin, hair and overall health. Mostly people don’t know strawberries benefits for hair. There are many things that strawberries can do to your hair and listed below are the benefits that you can get from strawberries for your hair treatment:
Prevents hair falling and thinning
Strawberries have a high content of ellagic acid that protects the hair from thinning or falling. Other vitamins that are contained in strawberries are vitamin B5 and B6 in which both of them can prevent hair loss.
Promotes silky and shiny hair
It had been proved by scientist that strawberries can make your hair shiny. How can that be? That’s because strawberries can act as a natural conditioner to the hair and as a result, hair looks shinier.
Act as moisturizer
As a natural moisturizer, strawberries protect the cell membranes of the scalp with its antioxidant effect. This will insulate the scalp from contacts with water thus preventing dry hair and keep your hair moist.
If mixed with phytochemicals, a chemical that occurred naturally in plant and responsible for color, strawberries will have antifungal effects like tea tree oil, thyme oil or rosemary oil. This will help to get rid of dandruff.
Inhibits the fungal growth
Strawberries are rich with many good sources of minerals like copper, manganese, and magnesium. The combination of manganese and copper with dicarboxylic acids makes complexes that can inhibit fungal growth on the scalp. As a result, hair is free from dandruff.
Acts as an exfoliation
Exfoliation itself is a process to remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin or scalp to improve health and appearance. This process is necessary so the scalp can be revitalized.
Here are the benefits courtesy of Hair-Growth-Remedies.com
You wanna look good? Wanna make your hair soft ? And boost your energy? Eat bananas.
Yes, banana has to offer you lots of health benefits. This white fruit wrapped in yellow peel is rich source of potassium. A mineral that is essential for the proper functioning of heart and controlling the high blood pressure. Apart from that, bananas will give you many other benefits. So let’s have a look at what you get when you eat bananas.
Boost Your Energy
Taking energy supplements and drinking energy drinks have become the trend of recent times. But, do you know that by simply eating 1 or 2 bananas, you can boost your energy level instantly.
You might have noticed that professional sports persons often eat bananas even during their games. It is because of the quick energy boost.
If you are a gym going person, you should eat bananas before and after the gym session. It will give you all the needed energy by your body.
To make banana consumption more friendly, you can make banana smoothies and snacks too. Eating banana snacks at work will keep you full and energetic throughout the day.
Good Source of Potassium
Banana is rich source of potassium, a mineral that is essential for proper heart functioning, regulating the high blood pressure and preventing the stroke.
Many studies have shown that bananas are helpful in lowering the high blood pressure and even seen as an alternative to high blood pressure drugs.
According to a study done by New England journal of medicine, eating bananas on regular basis cut your chances of having stroke by 40%.
Also The Good Source of Other Vitamins and Minerals
Consumption of bananas will also boost your intake of other vitamins specially the Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C.
Vitamin B6 plays an important role in the formation of hemoglobin which is very necessary for healthy blood.
Vitamin B6 maintains the sugar level of your blood and is responsible for the formation and breaking down of amino acids for healthy immune system of your body.
Apart from B6, bananas also contain good amount of vitamin C and magnesium which are very helpful in maintaining the health of your skin and hair.
Fiber is the need for a healthy and proper digestion and that is what, banana has to give to your body. Banana contains dietary fiber that helps the food to pass smoothly through the digestive tract.
One of the benefits that you get by eating bananas regularly is that banana treats and prevents the stomach ulcers. It creates a protective barrier within the stomach that keeps it protected from the hydrochloric acid (HCL). Bananas also remove certain bacteria from the stomach that are responsible for common stomach problems.
Certain studies around the world have shown that banana helps to produce a compound called Tumer Necrosis Factor (TNF-a), which helps to increase the white blood cells. This ultimately results in strong immunity system that combats cancerous cells effectively.
Good for Skin And Hair
The potassium and Vitamin C content of the banana helps to keep to the skin and hair in good condition. It keeps the skin firm and keeps the hair soft. Therefore many topical home remedies and masks are made of banana.
You would be surprised to know that bananas has the natural power to reduces the stress and improve your mood.
When you eat bananas, an amino acid present in them called Tryptophan gets converted into serotonin.
The proper level of serotonin in your body helps to reduce the stress and keeps you calm and happy.
Note that tryptophan is an essential amino acids which you can get only through diets.
I hope, next time when you will be eating bananas, you will remember these benefits for your body. I even hope that this info will increase your wish to eat more bananas. So eat bananas and stay healthy and happy
Here are the benefits courtesy of BlackHair101.com
Almond milk is a good alternative to milk to drink and to use in the hair. The milk is achieved by mixing water with almonds, grounding it in a blender and straining. As simple as that and you will have milk. This milk can be used as a substitute for animal milk like cow and goat in the diet and also in hair preparations. Almond milk is high in potassium, magnesium, protein, fatty acids, calcium, zinc, Vitamin A, E, selenium and manganese. All these nutritious goodies are quite beneficial to hair.
Almond Milk Hair Benefits
- Almonds contain a lot of protein; this enhances the repair and growth process. This is good news for hair whether you take it internally or use it as a deep conditioner.
- Almond milk is extremely good for hair shedding and dryness, when the milk is massaged in the scalp it loosens dead skin, when the hair follicles are free they grow much easier.
- Almond milk is rich in vitamin and minerals, which help to improve hair strength and enhance the texture of skin.
- Almond milk contains an abundance of iron, which improves the oxygen carrying ability of the blood; this includes the blood on your scalp, which in the long run encourages hair growth.
How To Use Almond Milk
As mentioned before almond milk is easy to make. It should be used in its raw (unroasted) unsweetened state before used on your hair. It can be soaked overnight in just enough water to cover it and then blended until smooth and then strained. This milk can be used in your shampoos, conditioner and deep conditioner. Massage the milk preparation gently into your scalp and leave in hair for an hour or more to maximize the effects of the almond.
Note: When making almond milk be careful that you use sweet almonds (most eating and roasting varieties on the market are sweet almonds). Bitter almonds combined with water releases cyanide.
Ok Mahoganies…those are my simple ingredients and the benefits for this morning’s smoothie. If this has helped you, don’t forget to chime in! Leave a comment and share!